I'm Back (For Real This Time)

Hi friend! I am back. *nods* 

I know, what you're probably thinking right now is"Oh really, Emma? You're really back? Prove it."  XD cause after last time saying I was "back" and then disappearing for five months, I don't blame you if you have trust issues. 😂

Well, I promise you I actually am back! XD And today I'm spilling all the tea on what I've been up to the past few months, why I'm returning to the blogsphere, and what I have planned here on the blog in the future!

I know in this post I celebrated my blogiversary, showed the new updates and design, and rambled on about how I was going to post every other Saturday. *shakes head* Oh my poor naive old self, you should have known by then to not make promises you can't keep. 😂

To be honest, the reason why I chose (yes, chose, this was intended-more on that later) to drop off the face of the blogsphere (again *coughs*) for a much longer time period was because I really needed to. Back in January, around the week after I posted on my blogiversary, I was basically a mess. January had kicked off the new year with a bang-but not in a good way. That month, I was struggling with sickness, having a rough time starting a new semester at college, and having to deal with other stressors. So I sat down with an amazing friend/mentor and she walked me through how to reevaluate my priorities to help reestablish some order in my life. After doing that, I realized that blogging could not be a priority. In that season, I needed to focus on school, relationships, and a couple other more important activities. I also was so absorbed in school, I was using all my mental energy and creativity towards that. And I didn't want to make blog posts that were dry and boring because I didn't have the energy to make quality posts. 

So even though I hadn't been planning on taking a hiatus, I decided to just quietly disappear for a few months, not make a big deal out of it, and get my life back in order. And throughout these months, I've grown and accomplished a lot of things! God also has given me some answers after I was struggling with what path I want to take in some parts of my life, and I'm excited for what the future holds!

But for now, it's time to come back to the blogsphere!

 I currently have much more free time on my hands and I want to be specific and wise about how I use this time. So this summer I will still be largely focusing on my personal life as I plan on hanging out with friends and participating in some very exciting events. But I'm also going to be around here. ;) I've got a load of blog posts ready to publish, I have some *coughs* long overdue *coughs* book reviews to share on here and Goodreads, and I'm ready to visit and comment on my favorite blogs, because I have missed that <33. I'm also planning on participating in the Go Teen Writer's 100-for-100 and write, write, and write a bunch this summer. XD I think it's going to be a fun summer, my friends, and I hope you stick around here and see all that's in store!! 

Below is a brief life update that's not as vague as what I've been talking about above haha.

Random Things I've Done Over The Past Few Months

-Enjoyed many video chats and emailing with my awesome online friends!! 😊

-Finished up school and my two college classes! *whoop whoop*

-Met The One and Only KARA SWANSON!! It was completely unexpected and was such a short, yet incredibly sweet time. I had so much fun talking with her and she's super nice!!! (Shout out to my amazing, thoughtful besties who initiated it!! <33)

-Continued to grow in my knowledge of music through lessons 🎶

-Grew in my faith through Bible studies and Wednesday night groups <3

-Enjoyed the gorgeous weather spring has provided! 💚

And here's a sneak peek of the posts that are coming to you throughout the next few weeks! 



I'm super excited to be back in the blogsphere and I can't wait to start posting regularly again! Now, I'm not entirely certain what my posting schedule is going to look like quite yet haha but I'm aiming to post on Saturdays, whether it's every Saturday or every other. And of course, there's going to be some fun posts that will be published on other days because I've signed up to help promote some special bookish things and those have specific days to be published . ;P  

Anyway, I hope you enjoy what's to come and that you have a lovely summer!! <3 

~The Book Dragon

Let's Talk!

How have you been? Do you have any fun summer plans? Are there any post ideas you would like to see here in the future? 

P.S. If you want to make sure you don't miss future posts, then sign up to get email notifications! You can find the section to Subscribe on the side bar! And if you're already signed up, then thank you! XD

Comments

  1. Yayyy you're back!!! I'm so excited for the new things you have coming to the blog!! (And you got to meet Kara Swanson? THAT'S SO COOL! I've been meaning to read her books forever! *marches off to the library to actually get Dust*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEP I'm so excited too lol!! (Yes, it was literally so unexpected but amazing, she's the best! Haha yesss go read her books, they're incredible!!)

      Delete
  2. Glad you're back!🎉🎉I'm looking forward to the upcoming blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eee, I'm so excited you're back to blogging!!! :D And those blog post sneak peeks look very intriguing! I can't wait!!
    Also, that's exciting that you're doing the 100-for-100! (I was going to ask you if you were, haha.) I'm also doing it! What project will you be working on?
    Oh, and for post ideas, I've been thinking that it would be cool if you did a post analyzing a book or movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much, Kat!! <33
      Yesss I'm doing!! (Lol yeah I was wondering if you or the other gals were doing it again haha but hadn't asked yet. I briefly thought about trying to make another Scribes group, but this summer is MUCH more busy than last summer lol and I just didn't know if I had it in me to do it all again haha. Oh and um remember that last ultimate prize from last year that involved some songs? Well *coughs* we obviously never got to do those and send them out *is extremely embarrassed* Just a bunch of life events began that August-September you know, and um we just forgot. BUT that's no excuse and it's been hanging over my head to do them ever since, so hopefully y'all will get a special little email this month or in July about that because I am determined to get it done! XD) Eyyyy *high fives* that's awesome! I'm working on the project that I created during the Craft An Amazing Story Concept ;P.
      GIRL!! Yes, yes, yes, that's right up my ally! I was actually thinking of doing something like that sometime, so I'll definitely do it now! XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts