Book Spotlight & Review-With Fear and Trembling

For those of you who know Grace A. Johnson, you probably know that she published her very first devotional back in April! Welp, I told her that I would promote it by doing a book spotlight around the time it was released. 

Did I? Ehehe...I did not. SORRY GRACE!!! *facepalm* 

Life happened and I was still reading the ARC she kindly gave me before it was released. I know that's no excuse to not have done it around that time but at least I'm keeping my promise to her and I'm promoting it today!!

So I'll be doing a book spotlight on it and a review all in one post.

~~~~~~~~~~

 

(Can we all just pause for a moment and admire that cover? IT'S SO PRETTY!!!!) 

Blurb


Thirty daily devotions to inspire you to work out your own salvation with fear and trembling!
 

"Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” - Philippians 2:12


As Paul commanded the church of Philippi to rely upon the Word of God rather than man's teachings, to cultivate their own faith rather than sharing in another's, Grace A. Johnson has written thirty simple but inspirational devotions that are geared to readers of all ages and stages in life. Meant to motivate readers to dig into the Word, prompt them to examine their relationship with God, and encourage them to walk in victory, the devotions include:

  • Applicable Scripture passages

  • Relatable true stories

  • Inspirational prayers

"My prayer is that God will use these devotions to prick your heart, fuel your convictions, and ignite a desire to grow more in your faith and start living according to God’s purpose for your life!" - Grace A. Johnson


Doesn't this devotional sound so good?! Here's the link to buy it! 


And here's the link to Grace's website where you can find more info about it!



Now here's the review for it. XD It's gonna be a little different from my normal reviews since it's a devotional. 😉


Overview

This devotional was amazing. Every day's reading is very short (usually less than two pages) but so thought-provoking. There's a verse at the beginning of every daily devotional and Grace usually expands and elaborates on the verse's topic using real-life examples and other biblical messages. Then there's a prayer at the end, and man, those prayers were good. Grace's writing style is easy to follow and it's very engaging. With Fear and Trembling is one of my favorite devotionals now, and I recommend it to everyone!! So, of course, that means I'm gonna give it five big stars. 😜


*I received an ARC and was not required to write a review* 

~~~~~~~~~~

Have you read With Fear and Trembling?

Are there any other devotionals that you recommend? 

Comments

  1. YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First off, am totally admiring the cover with you. SO pretty!!! *heart eyes* Secondly, aaaahh I have not gotten to read the edited version yet but I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO SO BADLY!!!! I was a beta reader for it, and I know that if it was amazing in it's not-final-version then it was gonna be epic in its edited one!!!! SO glad you enjoyed it!!! I honeslty haven't read a ton of other devotionals, so I don't think I've got any recommendations. Unless you want like children ones because the last time I read a devotional was like sixth grade. XD FANTASTIC review, Emma!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! It's beautiful!! You were a beta-reader?! That's so cool! I actually don't think I read the finalized version...when I got the ARC it said it was the edited version but not the finalized one...*shrugs*. It was awesome even if it wasn't the final version! XD Hahah yeah, I don't read devotionals that often either (WFAT was actually the first one I had read in a while lol). THANK YOU!!! And thanks for commenting!!! <333

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts