100-for-100 Writing Challenge

Greetings and salutations, everyone! Summer is almost upon us, school is finished, and IT'S TIME TO START WRITING!!! As you might have noticed, I have not done a good job keeping a strong writing schedule in March and April. I've done a little better this month, but I still want to do more over summer break. 

~~~~~~~~~~

One way that I'm going to try to write more during these summer months is by participating in the 100-for-100 Writing Challenge!!! 

*cue crickets chirping* 

Most of y'all reading this are probably thinking right now:  

Welp, dear reader, the 100-for-100 Writing Challenge is very simple: For 100 days participants try to write 100 words in whatever work-in-progress they choose. 

100 words for 100 days. 

It might sound somewhat daunting but as Stephanie Morrill (one of the hosts of this challenge) put it: "100 words is about a paragraph." One paragraph. Easy peasy, am I right? Totally ignoring the fact that right now I can't even get one sentence down in just one of my WIPs daily. And if you don't give up by the end of those 100 days you would have written 10,000 words! That's a big chuck that adds to your book! If you're aiming for a 50,000 word novel then you would have written 1/5 of it by the end of summer! AND that's also if you just write a hundred words per day. You can write more than a hundred words if you want too! 

There are "grace" days and a few other rules about it but because I'm too lazy to write them out here, here's the link to take you to Go Teen Writers where you can read all about it! You do have to be signed up by June 6th if you want to participate. 

If you're signed up/do sign up for it let me know in the comments! Maybe we could start an accountability group or something like that so we don't give up as easily so we can encourage each other! ðŸ˜‰ 

I'm really excited for this summer and this new endeavor!


~~~~~~~~~~
Who's excited for summer?

Are you going to do the challenge?

How's your writing been?



Comments

  1. AAAAAAH GIRL CONGRATULATIONS ON ACCEPTING THIS CHALLENGE!!!!!! I AM CHEERING YOU ON ALL THE WAY!!!!! YOU HAVE SO GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO EMMA GO!!!!!!!!! *sends motivating chocolate, and snacks, and Star Wars GIFs... LOVED yours btw XD* I'm so proud to see you attempting this as it's definitely not an easy task! I tried to do it last summer but see I have this problem with commitment. XD Like I can write ten thousand words in a summer but not every. single. day. But hey if you're doing it... maybe I should give it a go again. Idk but that accountability group does sound like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWWWWWW THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SUPER excited about it!! *eats chocolate, snacks, and looks at the GIFs* Lol, yeah I just searched the phrase "what are you talking about" and that GIF was like the first one to come up and it was perfect. XD Awwkk girl, you just made my day. <333 Lol, yes, I don't know how committed I'll stay so we'll see. ;) (but ya know, I am that kind of gal who usually has to finish something once she starts, soooo...XDD) Yessss, you should try it again!! And if you do end up doing it, we really should make an accountability group...and maybe involve prizesssss? XDDDDD

      Delete
  2. Heya, Emma!!!!! EEEK, THAT'S SO EXCITING THAT YOU DOING THE 100-for-100!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDD Woo-hoo, I know you can do it, girl!!!!! ;) I'm participating in the challenge this summer as well! Ooh, an accountability group is a fantastic idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl!!! <3 I KNOW I'M SO EXCITED FOR IT!!!! Thank you!! Oh yay!!! I was pretty sure you were doing it again ;) WE GOT THIS!!! Hmmm so far you, Issabelle, and V (she's going to do it too, I'm pretty sure!) have liked the idea of an accountability group...maybe we really should do it. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, that's awesome that V is doing it too!!!!! :D This is making me even more excited!!!! Eee, yes, we totally should do an accountability group together!!! ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts