A Month In Review-October 2022

October aka The Month of Everything Pumpkin Spice* was good. *nods* From enjoying the beautiful autumn weather that God blessed my area with, to watching Minions: Rise of Gru (which was quite hilarious 😂) and then dealing with a cold at the end of the month 😑, I would say October was an 7/10 on the Scale of Epic Months. 😜

*Disclaimer: I don't know if October actually is the month of pumpkin everything. I feel like it is though....*sighs* don't get me wrong, I love pumpkin but isn't it a little extreme when people feel like they need to make every food pumpkin-flavored in the fall? Like there are pumpkin spice flavored almonds! Now that's totally cool if you like that, but me? Eh...I'll take my almonds plain. XD  mini rant over 

 ~~~~~~~~~~

 Reading

It twas a good month reading wise. From *finally* reading a book my sister gave me a while back to starting (but not yet finishing) Pride and Prejudice, I slowly made progress knocking off books on my TBR! XD

~Traitors Among Us by Marsha Forchuk Skrypuch

~Ships, Secrets, and Survivors by Sarah Rodecker and Helena S. George

~Across All Borders by Anna Grace

Writing

In October...I didn't make a lot of progress on actually writing my WIP because I spent my time on some other projects. But I seriously needed to work on those projects and I enjoyed it! XD

~Did some fun research for a WIP and 95% of it may or may not be just filling up Pinterest boards for my characters.😅 

~Worked on a... writing-related project and I can't wait to see the results of it in the next month. *grins*

~I've been reading the posts that the girls over at Teen Writers' Nook have been doing for the Teen Writers' Rally and boy, there have been some amazing writing encouragement, fun interviews, and insightful tips! If you're a writer and haven't gotten to check it out yet, head on over there because you'll find so much fantastic, helpful content. Even if you don't want to read all of the posts, the one I highly, highly recommend is this one because every writer needs to hear Issabelle's wisdom and advice. <3

Life

~Most of you probably don't know this, but I'm passionate about volleyball and it's by far my most favorite sport to play. XD This past month kicked off the rec league season and seeing that it's the last season I'll get to play, it's been bittersweet. <3 Thankfully, I'm on an AMAZING team so I have a feeling that this season will hopefully end on a good note (with lots of wins...hopefully 😜).

~I tried Indian food for the first time! A few very sweet friends took my siblings and I out to an authentic, family-owned Indian restaurant and it was a wonderful experience. <3 The food was delicious, the servers/hosts/cooks were extremely friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere was just so warm and welcoming. I definitely recommend trying out Indian cuisine at some point. 😋

~Went to an amusement park and rode a new ride by myself. *grins* 

Phftt, okay so it's probably not THAT big of a deal, but hey I did it. And I didn't chicken out at the last moment, I had fun on it, and I didn't throw up. Even though I kept telling myself and my highly germaphobic sister that I wasn't going to, there was a tiny, tiny, little piece of my mind being mean and asking me "oh sister, are you sure you're not going to throw up? You just had a corn dog and that ride spins you around and-" and you don't have to be smart to figure out where that thought took me. XDD  But I survived it and actually enjoyed it and had the guts to ride it a second time with my sister! not the germaphobic one though 😆. So yay me! XD If you have the chance to try a new ride whether it be a rollercoaster, the ferris wheel, or the bumper car, just go for it! Don't let any fears stop you because I've found that 99% of the time, those fears aren't real and the ride is wayyy more enjoyable than you think it is! 

Relatable/Memes/Quotes 

I don't have any memes, quotes, or encouragement today. But I found this yesterday and if you want to read and see something very heartwarming then check it out. You won't regret it. <3

 ~~~~~~~~~~

How your writing this month?

What's your favorite sport?

Thoughts on the whole pumpkin spice trend? XD


Comments

Popular Posts