A Month in Review-July 2022

Yes, I chose to do the old Ben "hello there" instead of the famous young Ben "hello there". XDD

Happy end of July my peoples! July was decently busy, but also relaxing and calm at other times. So with that said, let's get into all of the updates. XP
~~~~~~~~~~

 Reading

I read....2 books this month. *coughs* I know that's not many books BUT in my defense (I'm just saying this for me XD), I've also been alpah/beta reading for friends too. *ignores the glare coming from my Goodreads 2022 reading challenge bar that states I'm 3 books behind on schedule*   

~Nova by Chuck Black

~Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris 

Writing

Writing was quite enjoyable this month. Even though I slowed down a wee bit because of school, I'm still sticking with the 100-for-100 and new story ideas are always popping up. 😆

~Something that I'm kinda excited about (okay I'm REALLY excited) is that I reached 10,000 words in the Go Teen Writer's 100-for-100 Challenge!!!

I also haven't missed a day so far AND we're over halfway through so things are looking pretty good! XD

~So now I am at...14,369 words on my 100-for-100 WIP!! 

~Even though I'm trying to stay focused on my WIP for the 100-for-100, some plot bunnies have decided to enter my little brain and I've gotten pretty excited about them so I'm trying to work on those in my spare time. XD

Life

~As I mentioned above, I started school back (yes I KNOW our school year is weird XDD) so I've just been getting back into the routine of the school year. 

~During a long car ride one afternoon, I did two new things: 

1) I started watching The Chosen. Even though I'm only on episode 4 it's so good already!! I highly recommend watching it!😊

2) I also tried a new food called The Banana Chip (they're dried bananas). I found them quite delectable and they're much healthier than actual chips. XD Go try one.

~One Friday, I decided to help a friend out with an end-of-summer-party for some kids. I went into it thinking that it would be a fun time filled with water games and getting to hang out with cute little kids. 


Yeah. I was so, so naive when I decided to do that. I had no idea what was in store for me. 

Soon after I got there, I was just sitting at a table waiting for my cue to help set up some games outside. The room was quiet and peaceful. 

And then The Mass of Children arrived. 

These tiny elementary kids came into the room screaming and yelling and running around and I was just like 
As I was trying to become accustomed to this new version of loud some of the tiny humans crowded around me and plopped down on the chairs next to me. One boy, whom I have officially dubbed Little Peanut (because he reminded me of a peanut for various reasons) noticed me sitting on the other side of the table and decided to make me his Target of Conversation.

Little Peanut stared at me with the Look of Skepticism. "What are you doing here?"

I gave him a friendly smile. "I'm here to help with the water games and hang out with you guys."

And that sparked Little Peanut's interest. He proceeded to talk a mile a minute about how he was going to soak me with the water balloons, squirt me with the water guns and take my hat off and pour water over my head. 

I kinda snorted. "Yeah, I'm sure you will." I didn't say it in a mean way, I just knew that he was going to forget about me, his threats, and this conversation in about five minutes. And it seemed pretty likely since a second after my response Little Peanut completely ignored me as A Friend of His and he started arguing about whether or not I could suspend him if he did that. 

Welp. I was soon called outside for Duties and for the next hour in 90 degree heat I helped set up games, tents, and filled kiddie pools with water.  

By the time everything was ready and The Mass of Children ran towards me screaming and yanking off their shoes to play in the water, I was hot, tired, and sticky from the heat. As the kids started throwing water balloons and were yelling at each other I stood in the middle of them, trying to make sure that no one got injured and was overall trying to establish a sense of order. 

And then...Little Peanut saw me. And in his hand he carried a bright neon water gun that had to be at least as tall as him. 

As soon as we caught each other's eyes I knew that Little Peanut has most certainly NOT forgotten about our little conversation.

And thus Little Peanut squirted me with that water gun and drenched the front of me. 

So the Big, Great Moral of this Story is this: NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE MIND OF A CHILD AND HIS THREATS PROMISES BECAUSE HE WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOU DON'T FORGET THEM.*

Relatable/Memes/Quotes 
I found this saved among many other pins on my Pinterest board (thus it clearly does not belong to me, all copyrights or whatever go to the nice human who made this) and thought it was a nice piece of encouragement. <33

If you're going through anything hard right now, just remember that God's got this and is making you into a beautiful masterpiece. Don't give up hope. Just like the butterfly, you will survive the darkness and emerge from it stronger, braver, and changed for the good. 💖

*Disclaimer: in regards to the Story of My Encounter with Little Peanut, any facts, dialogue or the amount of water in which I was sprayed with (and let's be honest it was actually really refreshing) may or may not have been changed a bit because of sarcasm, my Dory brain, and the effort to tell a good story* 
~~~~~~~~~~
How was your July? 
Ever had the great pleasure of being sprayed with a water gun? 
Have you seen The Chosen? 

Comments

  1. Wow! Great post! I have 9 neices and nephews so i know what little kids are like hahaha
    My July was pretty good. It was my bday month so that was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! Oh wow! Yep, I'm sure you're well-versed in knowing what little kids are like lol. XD Oh yay, I'm glad you had a good month! Ooo that's awesome, happy belated b-day!!

      Delete
  2. I HATE THIS THING. MY COMMENT JUST GOT DELETED!! I GOTTA FIGURE OUT HOW I KEEP DOING THAT TO STOP DOING IT. *sighs and attempts to re-write the whole thing out again*
    Ignore Goodreads. *frowns* We all get behind.... I probably shoulda made my goal smaller but.... yeah, YOU CAN DO IT EMMA!! *shoots you with water gun* hehe Anyway, that story was SO FUNNY. Sorry for smiling while reading it since I knew you hated it, but it truly is enjoyable to hear about. XDDDD Plus. I"M JELOUS. I WANT TO BE SPRAYED WITH WATER!! I love water. I went through the same thing as you one day at VBS bc all my little buddies wanted to throw water balloons at me. But unlike you, i gladly welcomed the incoming colored balls filled with water into my outstretched arms. *pauses* yeah, my weird descriptive writer brain has taken over. idk if any of that made sense... lol So poor Emma doesn't want kids??? *cries* Kids are awesome. lol THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT!!! <3333
    Ok to answer your questions. We were sick most of July. Went to the doc on my b'day and had to cancel a video call.... I was an emotional wreck. (plus add in the annoying emotional rollercoaster us women (girls? XD) go through once a month....... *glares*) I still haven't really gone on a birthday date yet or gotten baptized. All because of the sickness. *melts into a puddle* *copies comment so if this gets deleted I don't loose all of it*
    I have had the wonderful pleasure of being sprayed with water guns/balloons. (but unlike you i'm answering the question in a non-sarcastic way. I truly enjoy water. XDD)
    Never seen the chosen. Haven't watched any movies lately... still gotta finish Obi-wan and Miss Marvel...... I really don't have time. Well, i do, but i'd rather do other things... XD Maybe i could convince my parents to let us watch the Chosen as a family! XD
    also, I totally don't underestimate kids brains. for example, we went to a Beauty and the beast play near us and my sister who is 3 enjoyed it. There were wolves. aka cute little girls (one of whom we know personally) dressed up as wolves. Not scary at all. And my sis was fine. Until like a month later when she woke up at night bc of the fear of wolves.... Kids have weird memories. lolll
    Great post Emma *thinks of nickname* Emmafly! (butterfly) Emma bear (why do i feel like you are called that by someone...) Emma Styles (Gemma Styles....................) Yeah.. i'll just leave now... XDD *disappears*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I'm so sorry. That's happened to me before. *pats*
      Ya, I really should...*totally goes against what I just said & checks Reading Challenge status* Ughhhh now I'm 5 books behind!!! *faceplant* *forces myself to ignore it* XD THANK YOU!!! *snorts* *feels slightly refreshed by water from water gun* *bows* Thank you, m'dear! Haha, it wasn't *as* terrible as I made it out to seem...mostly... lol nah it was funny & I'm glad you enjoyed reading about it. *sprays you with water* Hahaha...that story about VBS cracked me up, I can totally see you doing that. Um I gladly accept descriptions that might seem weird but they're actually COOL BECAUSE WE'RE AMAZING WRITERS. XD Eh...*thinks* yeah I guess I still want kids even tho they can be crazy sometimes. XD YOU'RE WELCOME, LUV!!!! <333
      Oof....yeah I (of course XD) knew about the whole sick thing but I didn't realize how much it messed things up...poor girl. *hugs* no wait *molds you back into a human being and not a puddle then hugs* XDDDD now there's a crazy writer description...*cackles* Oy i'm being insane right now. *coughs*
      *Grins* Glad you enjoy water. XD
      Ooo you need to then! WUT GIRL YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED OBI-WAN OR MISS MARVEL?!?!!!
      You need toooo!!! But yeah, I do get the whole "wanting to do other things". In fact that's the reason it's been a few weeks since I watched The Chosen loll.
      IKR??!!! Kid's brains can be so crazy sometimes...maybe it's because they're growing so quickly? Idk...XP
      Thank youuu!!!!! Emmafly....eh not my fave but it's better than others. XD Emma Bear was a self-proclaimed nickname (I mentioned it on the Scribes doc lol). *eyes last one* *blinks* whyyyyy just *last brain cell of the day implodes* XDDDDDD *hands you chocolate before you disappear*

      Delete
    2. *hopes this comment lives*
      DON"T LOOK EM Ohh new nickname Emmie! lolll Can I call you Emmie??? XDD
      XDD YAY!!! I'll be Auntie Rylie. lol
      XDDDDDDDDDD Nah.... your being perfectly normal. On the verge of insanity. lol
      Yeah. lolll Tho i'm starting school back next month... In less than a month. *realization dawns on me* THAT"S NOT LONG ENOUGH!!! I NEED A BIGGER BREAK. *realizes I got it better than the Crooks* Oh sorry.... COME TO ME SCHOOL. DON"T HOLD BACK. *coughs quite literally* XD
      XDDDDD Ahhh ok that's where. lol *dies from laughter* Yeah, we're sticking with Emma Styles. *cackles* unless you DESPISE it. cause then i don't wanna annoy you but yeah, we like that name don't we? *asks imaginary Gollum twin* "Yes, we do." *imaginary Gollum twin responds while nodding his head* tis settled then. lol *looks at Emma Styles to see if i'm in any danger and I should stop being annoyingly weird* no answer. *shrugs* Guess we'll find out later Gollum thingy. *takes chocolate and disappears again leaving Gollum to annoy you until I come back*

      Delete
    3. XDDD
      Fineeeee I won't. *sighs* Meh...sure, you can call me Emmie. XDD
      Yassss and I can be Aunt Emma...or Auntie Emma...or Aunt Emma the Epic. XDDD
      THIS LINE, THIS STATEMENT WAS PURE GOLD I LOVE THAT.
      *coughs* yeahhhh *totally NOT me procrastinating my exam for finance by writing this comment* Uh ya girl, you better be happy with your break, you got like wut, 16 weeks off while we only got 8? XDD But srsy, you're going to do awesomeee!!!!! High school here you come!!! XDDD
      Ehehe yeah. Noooooooooooooo *says it in Darth Vader's voice* not Emma Styles!!!! Ugh. I don't HATE it but I like some of da other nicknames better.
      *cackles* Oh. My. Word. I.....I....legit imagined you saying that stuff with Gollum twin in my mind....my mind is officially blown and I just can't even like....that was idk I just saw Gollum in my head and now I can't get that image and out ughhhh this is insane. XDD *eyes you* *shudders and tries to stop thinking "Emma Styles" in my brain because I just imagine stuff when I hear those words and it's...not pleasant* Phffft you aren't annoyingly weird. XDD *watches you vanish and then gets into a fight with Gollum as he tries to take one of my rings, thinking it's The Ring* XDDDD

      Delete
    4. XDDDDDD
      YES!!!
      *Bows*
      XDD i read fiancé and was very confused for a second....... XDDDD
      Ok fine.... High school can't be that hard...... right?? lol
      *imagines V's Darth Vader type voice* wait, do all three of you speak like Darth Vader?? *shudders*
      *dies laughing again* THIS IS AWESOME!!!!! lollllllll I CAN DO MAGIC! XDD I was literally remembering that scene where bad Gollum talks to good Gollum while Sam and Frodo are sleeping while writing that... XDD If you have nightmares, feel free to come hunt me down. *throws sword on ground as a sign of peace* *comes back to take Gollum with me to safety* Me likey him. He's my buddy now! lolll *cackles*
      "Me likey Emma Styles. Yep yep yep" *Gollum twin jumps up and down still holding your ring and places it on his finger* *Frowns in disappointment* "No. Where is Precious?? Precious!!!" *Cries*
      *tries to ignore the fact that Gollum dies when the ring dies*
      Precious isn't here right now Gollum. *pats him on the back* This is Emma. Emma, meet Gollum twin officially.
      *Gollum offers hand to shake*
      *You shake it and he gives the ring back*
      "Sorry for taking not Precious" He says sheepishly with sad eyes.
      *waits for you to be NICE and feel bad for Gollum twin*
      He's been through a lot *I whisper in your ear*

      THIS IS TURNING INTO SOME WEIRD ROLEPLAYING GAME AND I LOVE IT. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

      Delete
    5. *cackles* Now a fiancé course would be awesome. XDD "How to Get a Fiancé in Less Than 10 Steps" or something like that. XDDDDDDDDDD
      *coughs* Ummmmmm....hehehhee.....no comment. XD Nah, it will be fine, you'll do great.<3
      *laughs so hard* Nah, I don't really speak like Darth Vader. I mean, I could, but it would sound horrendous. Def not as good as V's. XDD
      Oh my word, that's hilarious...but ya I'm totally hunting you down if I get nightmares. XD *grabs sword at starts chopping at random things* me liketh da sword *sniffs and tosses head at Gollum* Me no likely Gollum. He be a lil brat. He hurt Frodo. XDDDDDD *cackles and continues swinging sword*
      *screams* GIVE ME BACK THAT RING GOLLUM OR I WILL DO SOMETHING THAT YOU REGRET!!!!!!!!
      *reluctantly shakes hand, and grabs ring back*
      "Fineeee, it's okay, Gollum, I forgive you."
      *jerks away from you when you whisper that in my ear* Ew gross way too close to me. Personal boundaries, people. XDDDDD Jk.

      YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.



      Delete
  3. GIRL MY GOODREADS CHALLENGE IS GLARING AT ME TOO! I was just happy when I FINALLY got it down to four books behind schedule. *groans and hides* What is it with me reading SO little in the summer??? Did you like Nova? I dunno if it was your first chuck black book or not, but you haven't read Wars of the Realm Trilogy from him YOU MUST. YOU SERIOUSLY MUST. I've been DYING to read Do Hard Things! I was shocked when I found a used hardback copy of it for eight dollars but I am broke and had to pass on. *sobs* GIRL WAY TO GO ON REACHING 10K!!!!!!!!!!!! *shoots out confetti* GO EMMA GO!!!!!!! I LOVE your Sarcasm Voice and your story about the kid. But you are right! NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THOSE KIDS! And I simply LOVE your quote, girl!!!!! Thank you for sharing!!! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR??!!!! It's so sad. *sighs* I was planning on reading so much this summer but life was like "ehehe nope." *facepalm* XDD Yeah, I liked Nova! It wasn't my favorite book ever, but it was pretty good! It was my first Chuck Black book and I've heard that his other series are amazing, so I still want to read his others (yess especially Wars of the Realm...I feel like that's his most popular one lol). I'm totally going to add them to my TBR!! Ahhh nooo that's so sad how you couldn't get the copy of Do Hard Things!! *sobs with you* It's an awesome book, you need to read it!! *really wishes there was a way to send my paperback copy to you to borrow* THANK YOUU!!!!! *dances in confetti* To be honest tho, I'm kinda starting to burn out a lil on my WIP from this challenge so I'm glad it's ending soon. XD Hehehe thank youuuu it was very fun re-telling the story. *laughs* Ahh I'm glad you like the quote! You're welcome! <333

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts