A Month in Review-May 2022

May is always busy for my family. And this year was no exception. From finishing the school year(!) to volunteering at different events, May flew by but was filled with many sweet memories. <3

~~~~~~~~~~

 Reading 

Reading slowed down a bit this month from April, but one big thing that happened was that I finished the a.m.a.z.i.n.g. Refuge series by Kristina Hall (that last book...*clutches heart* it was a spectacular conclusion to the series)!

~Shadow by Kara Swanson

~Place of Refuge by Kristina Hall

~The Annotated Alice: The Definitive Edition (Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass, and What Alice Found There) Remember when I co-hosted March Muchness and how I kept saying that I wanted to read Alice in Wonderland again? Well, it took two months but I finally did!! It was such a refreshing, funny read! I forgot how quirky and crazy Alice's adventures are, and a few quotes just cracked me up. Here's an example:

       -Background info: Alice is talking to the Mock Turtle and the Gryphon about school lessons and Alice asks how many hours a day they did lessons. The Mock Turtle responds with "Ten hours, the first day...nine the next, and so on." Alice is quite surprised by this and the Gryphon explains "that's why they're called lessons...because they lessen from day to day." #mindblown. If only that was the way schools worked today. We would get a lot more breaks, am I right? 😉

Writing

*squealing* Y'all I am QUITE pleased with my writing this month. 

~I ended up pausing on a story I was trudging through because it was just not going well at the moment and I needed a break. 

~SO I started a new WIP that I adore and I'm really happy with it so far. I sent the first chapter to a couple peeps and the responses were encouraging so I'm excited to write more! 

~Also...I'm back on YDubs! I participated in Crazy Writing Week in January and then was part of the Young Writer's Workshop for a month, but left due to some reasons (nothing bad, lol). But this past month, I joined again and it's been so fun!! The writing resources are spectacular and I can't wait to grow in my writing more by using it! (If you're on YDubs, I would love to connect! My username is Emma C.) 

Life

May was amazingggg!!! As I mentioned before, it was super busy, but so fun! 

~Helped host an event with a leadership team that I'm on. We had been planning this for several months and had no idea how it would turn out. I was kinda nervous that no one would show up, but we got a pretty decent turn out and it went on without a hitch! That day was one of my favorites this month, and I truly feel so blessed to have been a part of that. <3

~Participated in my annual music recital!!!! It was one of the best ones ever. 

~Rode a bike. Y'all this might seem so insignificant, but it has been literally YEARS since I got to ride a bike. It took me a few minutes to get used to riding it again, but once I got the hang of it, I did not want to stop. It was just too fun. 😜

Relatable/Memes/Quotes

This is a new category that I've added and while I honestly have no idea how much I'll do it, I just wanted to try it out for today. 

It all started when I was reading a literature book earlier this month. This book, The Old Man and the Sea, was kinda boring. Its title literally says what the whole book is about. It's about an old man who's out on the sea fishing. So I don't really recommend it (there are a bunch of other better classics out there) but if reading about a guy fishing sounds interesting to you, then go for it! ANYWAY, I was trudging along in it when all of the sudden the old man said something of great significance. Something that caught my interest. Something that made me connect with the old man. XDD Here it is:


Isn't that the most relatable thing ever?!?! Seriously though, if the old man and I had one thing to agree about, it's that. BEDS ARE THE BEST. My bed is totally my friend! XD And then he goes on to talk about beds being a great thing and it's so awesome. That's literally my favorite quote out of the entire book. 😆 

~~~~~~~~~~

How's your May been?

Any exciting summer plans?

What's your opinion on beds? XD

Comments

  1. Girl, I'm SO HAPPY to hear that writing went well for you this past month!!!!! That's exciting!!!! :D And I'm happy to hear that you had a great music recital and that the event you help hosted turned out great!!!! I had a dance recital this past month and it went well as well! (It was so much fun in fact, that I wish I could live the day over again. XD) That Alice in Wonderland quote was hilarious!! XDD I really need to read that book!! And, YES, beds are definitely the best!!! ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesssss writing was amazing!! (I might have something for y'all to read soon if you want. ;) XD) Thank youuuuu!! Oh yeah, Is mentioned the dance recital on her author blog and I'm so happy for y'all that it went well!! (Awwww I love those types of days. I'm so glad that it was that fun. <3) Hehe, yep AiW is quite something. You do need to read it. XD Lol, they really are! XD

      Delete
  2. OOO FUN POST EMMA!!!!! I am SO sorry for how late I am. :( BUT I AM SO THRILLED TO HEAR THAT WRITING'S BEEN GOING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And man do I love that lesson thing. I wished it worked that way in our world! We would get so much break time it would be epic!!! AAAH YOU READ SHADOW???? I have been so meaning to get the second book and read it. Everyone says it's better than the first, and I'm like usually sequels aren't better so I HAVE TO READ THIS AND SEE IF IT'S TRUE!!!! Did you think it was better than the first? As for opinion on beds... it's kind of mixed feelings. Like I LOVE my bed. I can't sleep anywhere else better than my own bed but I also don't like to sleep... hence the complications. XD But that was honestly hilarious in that book. XD I LOVED THAT. XDDDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! No worries, girlie!! <33 I KNOW!!! AND IT'S GOTTEN EVEN MORE BETTER BECAUSE OF 100-for-100!! Lol, ikr?! XD Yesssss!! You need to read it! Honestly, I don't really know. Shadow was quite different from Dust in some ways but it had the perfect ending...I just love both of them so much!!! You don't like to sleep?! Is that why you stay up so late? XDDD I know, I would read that book again only for that part. XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts