All Things Fairy Tales-Feat. A Blog Tag & Exciting Bookish News

 


Ya'll.

Today I'm participating in my VERY FIRST BLOG TAG!!! *excited squealing*

And it's all about fairy tales!!

The lovely ladies over at The Fairy Tale Central started this tag and I gotta say, it's one of the best ones I've ever seen. XD

It's not only fairy tale focused, but all ten questions are like a choose-your-own-adventure!  

So without further ado, here. it. IS!!

~~~~~~~~~~

RUMPELSTILTSKIN: You've just heard news that a poor girl has been taken by the king to spin straw into gold or suffer a beheading. Well, you just happen to be able to spin straw into gold and would like to help. The problem? You can only awaken your ability by someone relinquishing their greatest desire to you, thus you never like to use your ability. But if you don't now, an innocent girl dies. What do you do? 

Welp. This is a sticky situation. First off, I would meet the girl and tell her that I can help. Then I might get a group of my friends together (assuming I have friends XD) and ask them if they would be willing to help. If one of them was willing, I would relinquish their desire to me and save the girl. AND who knows? One of my friends just might end up falling in love with the girl! 

RAPUNZEL: As crown prince, your father the king gives you a task to prove you're worthy of the throne. You're to go slay a witch and rescue a girl who has been locked away in a tower by the witch's hands. Except when you get there...the girl has absolutely no desire to leave the tower and claims she's quite fond of the witch. If you don't kill the witch and bring the girl back, the crown will be given to your ruthless younger brother who will no doubt bring ruin to the kingdom. What course of action do you take? 

Question. Why do I have to go on a huge quest and my brother doesn't have to? I mean, it seems a little unfair that I have to prove myself and he automatically gets the throne without a task if I fail. Seems like there's a little favoritism going on here. Okay, so apparently I have issues with my brother. 😆 I definitely want to succeed on this mission so he doesn't get the throne. If the girl and the witch were willing to come back home with me after I explain the situation to them, then dear ol' daddy might be consider that action as being worthy of the throne. I mean, I did put family first by keeping the witch alive. But if my father doesn't agree...then I think it's time for a little revolution. Nothing like family drama starting a war, hey? 

ALADDIN: You're the son of the vizier and soon to marry the princess, your friend whom you grew up with. Only a mysterious Prince Aladdin comes and claims the princess as his own. By luck, you discover Aladdin has a secret magical lamp- but also that the princess is in love with him. What do you do with the lamp and the secret you now know? 

Oooo a love triangle! If I was true friends with the princess, then I would place her feelings first. But I still want to make sure that Prince Aladdin is the real deal. So I would do a little interrogation and figure out what this Prince Aladdin is really made of. If he's legit, I would let him and the princess marry. But ya know, since I lost the girl, I might ask Aladdin to let me borrow the lamp for a little while as "repayment".

SLEEPING BEAUTY: As the youngest fairy, you're still trying to learn the tricks of the fairy trade. When the vengeful oldest fairy curses a poor baby princess, it's now up to you to give her one blessing that will somehow counteract this curse. What it is? 

Y'all I really wanted to steal Christine's  answer for this one. It was just perfect .XDD If the curse was the old "spinning needle" one then I would simply make the princess's skin impenetrable. Nothing will ever pierce, stab, or cut her skin. Her skin's hard as a rock. I know, it sounds a little weird but by doing this she can still use spinning wheels and everyone lives happily ever after.  

SNOW WHITE AND ROSE RED: You are living peacefully with your mother and sister in your cottage in the woods when there's an urgent knock on the door. Upon opening it you find a dwarf, and he's holding a chest full of treasure. He begs you to hide it for him because a wicked and greedy bear is hunting him down to steal the treasure which the dwarf says are his family heirlooms they have spent generations digging up in their underground home. Not wanting the poor man to be mauled by a bear, you agree to hide his treasure for a time. That evening, there is another knock. It's a bear. Except he seems quite friendly and says he is simply looking for a warm place to sleep before he returns to hunting down a dwarf who has stolen his treasure. Now you don't know who to believe, the dwarf or the bear. What actions do you take to solve this mystery and return the treasure to its rightful owner?

I would ask them to give me proof of owning the treasure, if possible. If neither of them can't, and I honestly have no idea who it belongs to, I think I would pull a "King Solomon" and split the treasure between them. A huge fight is probably ninety-nine percent likely to occur, but I can always drag my sister into helping me end it. XDD

LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD: You're a wolf in the forest, minding your own business when that airhead girl Red Riding Hood stumbles through your territory again. And it looks like she's lost on the way to her grandmother's house...again. Wolf though you may be, you're not particularly inclined to eating humans, especially little girls, like the rest of your pack. In fact, naive though she is, you've gotten rather found of this particular little girl. The problem is, your pack is nearby, and will no doubt spot her at any moment. But if you help her, she may get in her head that all wolves are nice and not be cautious around them. Worse, if your pack spots you aiding her, you'll be shamed and banished from the pack for sure. How can you help Red find her way back to her grandmother's house without her or the pack knowing about it? 

Assuming this is the Brother's Grimm version (there are A LOT) I would go to my friend the huntsman, and tell him the situation. If he agrees, he'll go help Red find her grandmother's house and maybe give her a map or something so she doesn't get lost again. 

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: As a fairy godmother, you keep track not only of deserving individuals, but of delinquent ones as well. You've heard rumors of a spoiled prince deep in the woods and decide to check out those rumors yourself. When you arrive in disguise as an old beggar woman, he sends you haughtily away with a variety of insults to boot. What punishment-if any-will you bestow upon him to give him a lesson? 

*sighs* Princes are so full of themselves these days. Since he needs to work on his um word choice I'm going to make him mute until he realizes how his words affect others. He also probably won't get pretty far persuading others to spoil him if he can't speak. And then I'll turn him into a beggar. Life's not so great when you lose everything you want. The only way this spell can be broken is if he passes a serious of tests (like doing a kind action) and truly, really, absolutely says something loving and kind that comes from the deepest part of his heart. AND it won't work if he's just saying it to break the curse. I have a feeling it's gonna take him a while. *grins*

THE FROG PRINCE: The prince whom you love has turned into a frog and tells you that only the first kiss of his true love can break his curse. However, you never told him that a fairy cursed your first kiss to be the man who will destroy your kingdom. What do you do? 

I would get my fairy godmother to make me a peasant for a day. That way I don't have a kingdom. Then frog prince and I can smooch for the first time, he'll turn back into a human, and he won't destroy my kingdom since I didn't have one when we kissed! Afterwards, of course, I would turn back into a princess and marry my prince!

THE PRINCESS AND THE PEA: After your engagement to the prince is announced, you learn that his mother, the Queen, put a pea under your mattress to check if you were really a princess. You're upset and decide to get some revenge on this petty royal family. You declare you must prove the prince is really a prince. What will your test be? 

Ugh, what an annoying future mother-in-law. Well, I would first reevaluate my feelings for the prince since I'm marrying into this type of family. If I still love him, I would make him go find a dragon to slay. It's kinda original, but it is a pretty hard thing to do. If he survives, then sure, I'll marry him. 

TWELVE DANCING PRINCESSES: As the king you have 12 daughters you wish to teach how to run the kingdom. Your days are numbered and you must leave the kingdom to one of them. However, your daughters are mysteriously dancing every night and are so exhausted during the day they fall asleep through all their lessons. What do you do?

I would get my Official Fairy Tale Land Sleuth to do some investigating and find out why my daughters are dancing every night. If my daughters are just dancing for fun, well, then I would put my foot down and as a father of the house, I would tell them to stop. If they get all of their lessons finished during the day, they can go dance their hearts out before bedtime. But if my daughters are being forced to dance, then war would most likely be the final solution. At least I trained my daughters in the art of war before they had started dancing. XP

~~~~~~~~~~

That was seriously so fun guys. If you want to do this tag then here's all the info and prompts!

Also, here's some extra fairy tale news!! To celebrate National Fairy Tale Day (the 26th) all I REPEAT all of Allison Tebo's fairy tales are on sale! I highly recommend snatching these books up before the sale goes away on the 27th because they are just delightful, funny reads with an amazing spin on the fairy tales! Here are the links:

The Reluctant Godfather

A Royal Masquerade

Poppy's Peril

The Goblin and the Dancer








-
-
-
-
-
Y'all thought this post was over, didn't you?
-
-
-
-
-
-
Well, it isn't. 
-
-
-
XD
-
-
-
I have some more book news to share. *cackles* (even though it's not involving fairy tales) 
-
-
-
Today, February, 25, 2022, Ares (the first prequel of the Ignite Duology) released!! I talked all about it in this post, so I won't say anymore except for this: Go read it. I read it and...let's just say that it gave me all the feels. It's totally worth it!!!! And be on the lookout for a review on here soon! 

Do you think I would be a good Fairy Tale ruler? 
Have you read any of Allison Tebo's books? 
Who's gonna go snatch a copy of Ares


Comments

  1. Aaaahhhhh you did the tag! This was SO MUCH FUN to read! You answers are just genius. You said you liked my answer for the Sleeping Beauty one BUT BUT BUT. Making the princess's skin impenetrable is the most brilliant idea for the Sleeping Beauty situation I have EVER heard. :O THAT WOULD SOLVE EVERYTHING. Plus, ya know, she'd never get hurt which would be a huge plus. Indestructible Sleeping Beauty! Maybe she'd grow up to become a superhero. ;D

    I also love the idea of splitting the treasure between the bear and dwarf! Hahaha yes! They can duke it out themselves if they want but at least you were fair!

    This was all just so much fun and genius. Thank you so much for doing the tag! I loved reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeekkkkk!! THANK YOU!!!! This comment made my day!! Haha, yeah your answers were so brilliant it was hard not to steal them. XP You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear that you like my answers!!

      You're so welcome!! Thank you (and Fairy Tale Central) for hosting a tag every year!! It's so fun!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts